If you would like to work for a company that develops deep and long-lasting relationships with clients, respects what you bring to the table, and values employee feedback, this is the place for you! After 24 years of providing premier audio visual services, our clients are more than just customers. They are family. We make sure to treat our clients the same way we would want our moms to be treated; fairly, patiently, and professionally.
In your role as an AV Technician Extraordinaire, you will:
- Provide excellent customer service at all times
- Pull, stage, load, deliver, setup, test, and strike equipment at client venues
- Operate equipment during live events
- Coordinate with office staff and clients to review orders, clarify issues, and help clients make day-of decisions to ensure their event goes smoothly
- Utilize knowledge of presentation software, microphones, speakers, video screens/monitors, projectors, recording equipment, cabling, and mixing boards
- Work in a variety of environments including hotels, restaurants, event spaces, concerts, sporting events, meetings and conventions, and news conferences
- Maintain warehouse and operational standards including staging, sanitization, and QC procedures.
- Operate a company vehicle to and from events
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following job requirements:
- 2 years audio visual experience, preferably with hotels, conferences, and other live events
- Demonstrated competency with audio visual fundamentals including setting up audio systems, video runs, and other standard setups.
- Ability to maintain Live Oak AV’s reputation for excellence at all times
- Willingness and aptitude for learning new event technologies
- Ability to neatly wrap cables using the “over/under” technique.
- Experienced in providing AV services in a hotel, conference center, or similar environment.
- Professional knowledge of audio and video equipment functions
- A professional, courteous appearance and manner
- Strong attention to detail
- An ability to problem solve “on the fly”
- A clean driving record and comfort driving cargo vans and box trucks
- Ability to lift 25-50 lbs
- Reliable transportation to and from work and/or event locations
- Must be available to accommodate a variable schedule, including early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to pass a background check
- **Requirement** Proof of full vaccination status (Can we ask for this? Yes, see State of WA Vaccination FAQ for Employers)
Candidates with the followings skills and experience will be prioritized:
- 1+ year experience with live stream/broadcast software including Wirecast, OBS, vMix, etc. (Please provide examples of your work.)
- Experience streaming to different platforms including YouTube, Zoom, Vimeo, Hopin, and Remo
- Experience with digital audio particularly as it pertains to live streaming
- Production management of virtual and hybrid events
- DANTE Audio certified
- Degree in audio visual or related field, CTS or similar advanced certification
At Live Oak AV, we take care of our family:
- Flexible scheduling availability
- Potential for the successful candidate to grow
- Health insurance paid at 100% for full-time employees and access to supplemental insurance policies through the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Starting salary: $20-$25/hr DOE
About Live Oak AV: Our True North(west)
We were founded in 1999 with the purpose of delivering a client-friendly approach to audio visual services. And being a local Seattle company, that also means we’re hi-tech, forward-thinking, exceedingly polite, community-minded, and environmentally conscious! Sometimes our dogs join us in the office so if you have allergies, let us know.
Live Oak Audio Visual is an Equal Opportunity Employer.